From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff. [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Brewster, Stephanie [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 18 March 2015 08:38
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Mitigating circumstances extensions on top of extensions for a disability

hi Alison

my understanding of this institution is that many students with additional needs are deemed entitled to an automatic (yes, I know this is controversial) one week's extension- to put them on a level playing field with others. Then they are entitled to apply for extenuating circumstances or a further extension for all the same reasons as any other student- bereavement, or health problems etc. We don't delay providing feedback to other students- how could we when a period of extenuating circumstances might last months?

I hope this helps

Stephanie

Dr Stephanie Brewster BMedSci (Hons), EdD, SFHEA

Senior Lecturer, Special Needs and Inclusion Studies

Faculty Enabling Tutor

[log in to unmask]<https:[log in to unmask]>

Room WA106

phone 01902 32 3026

admin support 01902 518934

Students can book tutorials through SAMS <http://fehwsams.wlv.ac.uk/> http://fehwsams.wlv.ac.uk<http://fehwsams.wlv.ac.uk/>

Faculty of Education, Health and Well-Being

University of Wolverhampton

Walsall Campus

Gorway Road

Walsall