From: Dixon, James <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 15 March 2015 18:52
To: Daniel Lee; [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: Map Orkney Month and red phone boxes

Hi Dan,

I don't know of any studies per se, but there is one context in which I can imagine such a study being of use. Recently, I ran one of the Grade II Buildings at Risk pilots down on the south coast. There were a number of phoneboxes within the study area, most of which were unused and unmaintained, making them technically 'At Risk' according to the EH assessment criteria.

As the Grade II surveys are rolled out nationally, more will be found to be in similar circumstances and there is potential for the odd situation of a majority of that particular asset type to be 'At Risk'. Most are in local authority ownership. So, there's definitely good reason for phoneboxes to get more attention!

Oh and in England, quite a lot have their phone numbers recorded within the list description, which is nice.

James Dixon