Heterodox Economics Newsletter
March 30, 2015
Heterodox Economics Directory
During my activities as the editor of the Heterodox Economics Newsletter I often get requests to announce the publication of new working papers related to heterodox economic approaches. In most cases I have declined these requests simply because keeping track of relevant working papers goes beyond the scope of the Newsletter - including working papers would significantly increase both, the size of the Newsletter as well as editor's duties, and would change the Newsletter's general character.
All those people interested in publishing their working papers in heterodox forums may consider the working paper series of various heterodox organizations and associations (see here or here) as potential outlets. A particularly effective way to distribute working papers is to use the mailing lists on heterodox economics (and related issues) to be found within the RePEc project: There you can access and subscribe to mailing-lists on "Heterodox Microeconomics" (edited by Carlo D'Ippoliti) or "Post-Keynesian Economics" (edited by Karl Petrick) as well as other subject areas of potential interest (like "History and Philosophy of Economics" or "Sociology of Economics"). In order to have your paper announced in these lists you should submit it to some working paper series that is automatically included in RePEc (either this one or one of these) and make sure that the paper can easily be identified as pertaining to any of these fields, by using appropriate keywords, JEL codes and abstracts.
I surely hope this hint will help some of you to get their papers more widely read!
All the Best,Jakob
Table of contents
- Call for Papers
- 47th Annual UK History of Economic Thought Conference (Manchester, 2015)
- 6th annual IIPPE conference (Leeds, 2015): Deadline extensions and relevant Sub-Calls
- AIB US-NE 2015 Frontier Conference: "Bringing the Political Economy Back In" (Boston, 2015)
- Cuadernos de Economía Crítica: Special Issue on "Teaching pluralist economics"
- Historical Materialism Conference: "Revolution and Restoration" (Rome, 2015)
- International Conference on "Large-scale Crises: 1929 vs 2008" (Ancona, 2015)
- International Journal of Pluralism and Economics Education: Special Issue on "Empirical Investigation of Pluralist Economics Education"
- Multi- and Inter-disciplinary International Conference on "‘From the Thirty Years’ Crisis to Multi-polarity: The Evolution of the Geopolitical Economy of the 21Century World" (Winnipeg, 2015)
- NEA-ASHE Summer Conference on "Freedom and Justice: A Call to Action" (Washinton D.C., 2015)
- Sociology: Special Issue on "Global Futures and Epistemologies of the South: New Challenges for Sociology"
- The 27th Annual EAEPE Conference: "A New Role for the Financial System" (Genova, 2015)
- Two special sessions at the 27th Annual EAEPE Conference (Genova, 2015)
- URPE at the Southern Economics Association Annual Convention invites proposals (New Orleans, 2015)
- World Economics Association (WEA) Online Conference on "Rethinking the International Financial Architecture"
- Call for Participants
- 5th Graz Schumpeter Summer School
- Basque Coast Summer School (Biarritz, 2015)
- CSE Midlands launch event: "What is to be done in the age of austerity and autonomy?" (Birmingham, 2015)
- Call for Summer Course Instructor: "Degrowth in action: Climate justice" (Rhineland Coalfield, 2015)
- Critical European Studies Workshop (Barcelona, 2015)
- Online HET Reading Group on Phillip Mirowski's Work
- Summer School in Latin American Economies at ECLAC (Santiago de Chile, 2015)
- TINT Workshop on "Scientific Imperialism" (Helsinki, 2015)
- Job Postings
- George Mason University, US
- Newcastle University, UK
- Saint Peter’s University, US
- The Rhode Island School of Design, US
- University College Dublin, Ireland
- University of Greenwich, UK
- Vienna University of Economics and Business, Austria
- Joerg-Huffschmid-Award 2015
- Review of International Political Economy, 22 (1): Special Issue on "Capital Controls and the Global Financial Crisis"
- Economic Thought, 4 (1)
- Feminist Economics, 21 (2)
- Forum for Social Economics, 44(1)
- Industrial and Corporate Change, 24 (2)
- Science & Society, 79 (2)
- Books and Book Series
- All the Presidents' Bankers: The Hidden Alliances that Drive American Power
- Labour Markets, Institutions and Inequality: Building just societies in the 21st century
- Neo-structuralism and Heterodox Currents in Latin America and the Caribbean at the Beginning of the XXI Century
- Social and Solidarity Economy: Beyond the Fringe
- The Encyclopedia Of Central Banking
- Work, Sex and Power: The Forces that Shaped our History
- Heterodox Graduate Programs, Scholarships and Grants
- EPOG - Master's course and scholarships
- Center Walras-Pareto of Interdisciplinary Studies in Economic and Political Thought
- Global Development And Environment Institute
- Global Economic Governance Initiative
- Global Labour Column
- Union for Radical Political Economics (URPE)