Dear Nicolai,
Your example is from Charles Peirce (Collected papers 2.623). His wording
is:

Fact: these beans are white
Rule: all the beans from this bag are white
Case: these beans are from this bag

A good example of abductive reasoning is found in François Voltaire
(1747): Zadig, third chapter

Quoting Voltaire:
-----------------
While walking one day near a little wood he saw one of the queen's eunuchs
hastening toward him, followed by several officers, who seemed to be
greatly troubled, and ran hither and thither like distracted men seeking
something very precious they have lost.
"Young man," cried the Chief Eunuch, "you haven't seen the queen's dog,
have you?"
"It's not a dog" answered Zadig modestly, "it's a bitch."
"That's so," said the Chief Eunuch.
"It's a very small spaniel" added Zadig, "which has had puppies recently;
her left forefoot is lame, and she has very long ears."
"You have seen her then?" said the Eunuch, quite out of breath.
"Oh, no!" answered Zadig. "I have not seen the animal, and I never knew the
queen had a bitch."

(Š)  [Zadig was brought to court and had to explain himself]

"I was walking toward the little wood where I met later the venerable
Chief Eunuch and the very illustrious Master of the King's Hounds. I saw
an animal's tracks on the sand and I judged without difficulty they were
the tracks of a small dog. The long, shallow furrows printed on the little
ridges of sand between the tracks of the paws informed me that the animal
was a bitch with pendent dugs, who hence had had puppies recently. Other
tracks in a different direction, which seemed all the time to have scraped
the surface of the sand beside the fore-paws, gave me the idea that the
bitch had very long ears; and as I remarked that the sand was always less
hollowed by one paw than by the three others, I concluded that our august
queen's bitch was somewhat lame, if I dare say so.
-------------------

I recommend
Umberto Eco & Thomas Sebeok (eds.): Dupin, Holmes, Peirce. The Sign of the
Three
As food for thought

Best
Rolf
Rolf Johansson
Architect SAR/MSA, Dr.
Professor in Landscape Architecture ­ Design Theory
Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU)
Department of Urban and Rural Development
Unit of Landscape Architecture