Hi Terry and Carlos,
As I said when this thread began, I would not be able to make a major contribution because of a project commitment, which is still ongoing. But I’ve just come up for air and thought a couple of points might help to move things along. Firstly, I agree with Carlos. Second, the examples you give at the beginning are, from where I sit, rather one sided—no less important for that, but there are other things going on that I also include in my watching ‘over the fence’ as it were.

Amongst those are: new ways of articulating and explaining what we already know, new languages and ways of acting in the world.

I’m seeing some of the above which are very exciting and potentially interesting for design, but that’s another thread for another day.

David
--

blog: http://communication.org.au/blog/
web: http://communication.org.au

Professor David Sless BA MSc FRSA
CEO • Communication Research Institute •
• helping people communicate with people •

Mobile: +61 (0)412 356 795
Phone: +61 (0)3 9005 5903
Skype: davidsless

60 Park Street • Fitzroy North • Melbourne • Australia • 3068