Hi,

Does anybody know of evidence based formal method for assessing adherence of participants to orally administered treatments in clinical trials? I am interested in CTIMP clinical trials, comparing orally administered medications with placebo medications.

- How is adherence assessed and presented - rate? of medications actually taken devided by total recommended, or by a
  minimum? is that per day? per total course of treatment?
- What is an 'acceptable level/rate of aderence'?
- Does 'acceptable rate/level of adherence' vary depending on the type of treatment? condition? other factors?

Many thanks in anticipation.
Majid

--
Please note my new email address: [log in to unmask]

Dr Majid Artus PhD
NIHR Clinical Lecturer in General Practice
Arthritis Research UK Primary Care
Centre
Research Institute for Primary Care & Health Sciences
Keele University
Staffordshire, ST5 5BG
Tel: 01782 734826
Fax: 01782 733911
http://www.keele.ac.uk/pchs/

This email and its attachments are intended for the above named only and may be confidential. If it has come to you in error you should not copy or show it to anyone; nor should you take any action based on it, other than to notify the sender of the error by replying to the sender. Keele University staff and students are required to abide by the University's conditions of use when sending email. Keele University email is hosted by a cloud provider and may be stored outside of the UK.