This April, the Faculty of Medicine at Imperial College London will be running a short course on bioinformatics for cancer research. This course is aimed at clinical and biological scientists who are undertaking research projects or pursuing research careers and are looking to incorporate an element of biological data analysis into their research. We hope it would therefore be of interest to researchers in your department and we'd be very grateful if you could forward this notice onto appropriate email lists.
The course takes a modular form, with the first day covering preliminaries for each of the following days.
Registration is offered per-day as well as for the complete course.
Introduction to Bioinformatics for Cancer Research
13 - 17 April 2015

The course aim is to teach basic statistical analysis of a range of types of data that are increasingly common in biological and clinical research, including gene expression microarrays, RNA-seq, SNP arrays, DNA methylation microarrays, ChIP-seq, siRNA screens and proteomics arrays. Particular focus will be placed on the interpretation of results.

We will teach the theoretical basis of such work, along with research examples to demonstrate how data analysis can help to provide publishable insights into cancer biology and its clinical implications. Detailed practical guides, including worked examples, will be provided to assist with application of this knowledge after the course - the examples are structured so as to be adaptable, and thus as a result of this course the attendees will be able to perform a range of data analyses themselves in their own research environment.

For further information please visit: www.imperial.ac.uk/cpd/bioinformatics<http://www.imperial.ac.uk/cpd/bioinformatics> or contact:
Marta Kowalewska
Centre for Continuing Professional Development, Imperial College London
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7594 6884 I  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>