Van: Edward A. Berry<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Verzonden: ‎25-‎2-‎2015 18:36
Aan: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Onderwerp: Re: [ccp4bb] adjusting bad Ramachandran angles

If you use restraints to fix outliers, I strongly suggest to refine to convergence without restraints after they are "fixed". If some outliers return, and "% favored" decreases, so be it.

For one thing, depositing a structure with dihedrals restrained gives an unfair impression of higher quality compared to similar structures whose "% favored" actually represents the ability of the data to give the correct conformation.
More importantly, you may actually be making a worse model of those (~0.2%?) of residues that are real outliers, and (~5%?) that are really "allowed" and not "favored".