Hi there,

I have a postdoc job going in my lab to investigate how vaccinia virus (the smallpox vaccine) subverts the innate immune system of infected cells. This project is part of an ongoing collaboration with the (nearby) laboratory of Prof. Geoff Smith and the successful candidate will get to work closely with the virologists in Geoff’s lab in order to characterise these proteins: from solving atomic-resolution structures right through to probing their role in virulence of the virus. Examples of the kind of things we’re looking at are (DOIs): 10.1371/journal.ppat.1003183, 10.7554/eLife.00047 and 10.1074/jbc.M114.624650

More details of the post and how to apply can be found here: http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/5852/

Please note that (by HR diktat) I’m only allowed to consider applications submitted via the online application form - you’ll need to note in your cover letter that you’re applying for Position 3. Applications close on Tuesday, so there’s no time to waste!

Cheers,

Stephen

Dr Stephen Graham
Sir Henry Dale Fellow and University Lecturer
Department of Pathology
University of Cambridge
Tennis Court Road
Cambridge CB2 1QP