Thanks Max, Andrew, Doug, Barry.

Barry, I had thought to examine more seriously what passes for public approbation. Maybe another time. I take your point. Could the public get it right sometimes, even by accident? My first effort was set out in tercet form and concluded:

Floating with the current
provides false momentum.
Celebrate tributariness.

But when I looked again, I found a sort of rhyme in the beginning so went the jolly couplet route, recalling dimly, advice from you, Doug, that if you start with a particular feature, best not to drop it without good cause. Andrew, I was happy with reno's/predisposed. Max, I meant that beforehand and even after the fact, I'm still unpersuaded by the merits of such shows. Perhaps it does clunk a bit. The Morry, Max was a front-wheel drive Morris 1100. And it seemed insular to choose either of the then locally manufactured majors. The Morry was almost exotic as I shunted it into the drive-in at Bulleen.

Re 'mission statement', I see redundancy already. Run, Max. Perhaps junk Strunk and admit to being a White man?

Cheers,
Bill