I see what you mean.
I felt the need for a break from the written graphics with a view to
resuming in a few week maybe. So who better than Elid.
I turned this one up and tweaked it a little. I've never really decided
when my Elid was on Ennor - 8th to 11th century is the commonly accepted
idea. Somewhere or other there's a claim that he converted Olaf Trygvasson,
which'd place him in the latter half of the 9th.
But at this point I was trying out having him around about the time that
the Roman Empire was pulling out - presumably quite early down there. Once
things began de-urbanising I can't think there was much traffic to remote
cult sites

Oh blah blah words verbal diarrhea - what struck me today when I dug it out
and read it through was how much like the contemporary world it sounds

Maybe substitute jihadists for pirates....  (In the somewhat dodgy
historical sense of the Cornish mystery plays (14th century), Pontius
Pilate was a follower of Mahomed!

Sure you wanted to know all that; but yes unwittingly I did express my own
contemporary angst as I endeavoured to imagine the collapse of a remote
Romano-Celtic town. Raynes Park or Sutton. I walked down here this morning
in the rain - bloody conservative government - and saw a sign saying "enjoy
sutton" but the Wandle here is only a trickle