Hi Karen

I agree with your comment on the need for some standards and guidance.
Apparently the charge here is 10 per record.

Lindsey

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Karen Coomer
Sent: 13 January 2015 12:04
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] Cost of records transfer on contract change

That does seem high but it is quite common to charge an admin fee for
transferring records but it should be in the SLA/contract from the
beginning. I have an online system and on one occasion when transferring the
service, the new OH provider insisted that they were transferred as paper
hard copies.  Well you can imagine the admin time it took to print off and
file about 200 records  I had to charge out the time to do this.

I have also seen providers charge separately to transfer records ranging
from 1.25 to 5 a record.

At some point I think standards/guidance for records needs to be revised
looking at all aspects.

Karen