From: UK medical/ health care library community / information workers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nockels, Keith H.
Sent: 30 January 2015 16:22
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: DeVita, Hellman, and Rosenberg's Cancer

Dear All,

I was alerted by the MEDLIB-L list that the 10th edition of this book had put its full reference lists online only, and there seemed to be an issue with access to them if you were not an individual purchaser of the book.

I made a note to check this when our copy arrived.  Indeed, the full reference lists are online only, with only “selected” references appearing in print.  I am trying to find out from the publisher whether the full lists are going to be freely available to everyone for ever.

I mention this because I would be interested to know if anyone else has spotted this or pursued it.

Best wishes,

Keith

Keith Nockels MA (Hons) Dip. Lib. MCLIP FHEA

Learning and Teaching Services Librarian (College of Medicine, Biological Sciences and Psychology)

David Wilson Library, University of Leicester,
University Road, Leicester, LE1 7RH, UK

T: +44 (0)116 252 3101
E: [log in to unmask]

Office days: Wednesday afternoons, all day Thursdays and Fridays

All books guaranteed for 7 days - http://bit.ly/keepyourbooks

uol_sig (3)

Elite without being elitist

Follow us on Twitter or visit our Facebook page

____________________

INFORMATION NOTICE

Please check for viruses before accessing this email and any attachments.

This email and any attachments may contain confidential information and is intended only to be seen and used by the named addressee(s).
However, even if confidential, the information contained within it may be subject to public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act (2000),
unless it is legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not a named addressee, any use, disclosure, copying, alteration or forwarding of this email
and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately by email or by telephoning
01342 414000 and permanently delete this email and any attachments from your system.

The views expressed within this email and any attachments are those of the writer and are not necessarily the views or policies of
Queen Victoria Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. Except as required by law, the Trust shall not be responsible for any damage,
loss or liability of any kind suffered in connection with this email and any attachments, or which may result from reliance on the contents of
this email and any attachments.

If you wish to make a request for information under the Freedom of Information Act (2000), please send your request to [log in to unmask]

Queen Victoria Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Website: www.qvh.nhs.uk
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Switchboard: 01342 414000
IT Support: 01342 414411