To accompany Genevra's images and Gordon's glass, herewith some further medieval images of St. Thomas of Canterbury:

a) Two scenes of Thomas of Canterbury (T. with three monks; T. martyred by three knights) in a later twelfth-century psalter and hymnal for the Use of the abbey of Saint-Fuscien in Amiens (Amiens, Bibliothèques d'Amiens Métropole, ms. 19, fol. 8):
http://www.enluminures.culture.fr/Wave/savimage/enlumine/irht3/IRHT_058200-p.jpg
Detail views:
http://www.enluminures.culture.fr/Wave/savimage/enlumine/irht3/IRHT_058202-p.jpg
http://www.enluminures.culture.fr/Wave/savimage/enlumine/irht3/IRHT_058201-p.jpg

b) Thomas of Canterbury (center) in the late twelfth-century apse mosaics of the basilica cattedrale di Santa Maria, Monreale:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3164/2575093180_0101779142_b.jpg

c) Thomas of Canterbury's martyrdom as depicted in a late twelfth-century wall painting in the iglesia de San Nicolás in Soria (Castilla y León). The painting is exceptional in that it shows Thomas being stabbed in the back rather than struck in the head or the neck (for another instance, see below at item ee). Linked to here are two news reports from 2009 with different views of it:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8029320.stm
http://iconosmedievales.blogspot.com/2009/11/csi-soria.html
and a brief BBC film clip showing more of the painting:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8192655.stm
Another view:
http://tinyurl.com/k5rsneh

d) Reliefs on the late twelfth-century baptismal font (ca. 1190-1200) in the church at Lyngsjö (Skåne län) showing Henry II, the murderers, and Thomas of Canterbury' martyrdom:
http://www.nordenskirker.dk/Tidligere/Lyngsjoe_kirke/Lyngsjoe_kirke406.htm
http://www.nordenskirker.dk/Tidligere/Lyngsjoe_kirke/Lyngsjoe_kirke408.htm
More views of this font are here (scroll down to Døbefont):
http://www.nordenskirker.dk/Tidligere/Lyngsjoe_kirke/Billedliste.htm

e) A late twelfth-century reliquary casket (châsse) with scenes of Thomas of Canterbury's martyrdom, now in the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York:
http://tinyurl.com/27s42cx

f) Thomas of Canterbury's enthronement, martyrdom, and burial as depicted in a late twelfth- or early thirteenth- century fresco (variously dated to ca. 1180 and to ca. 1200) in the iglesia de Santa María de Terrassa (_aliter_: Santa María d'Egara) in Terrassa (Vallés Occidental), Cataluña:
http://tinyurl.com/ngs6w9k

g) Some of the numerous Becket reliquary châsses made at Limoges in the late twelfth and early thirteenth centuries:
1) Ornamental reliquary châsse (ca. 1180) with scenes of the martyrdom, now in the British Museum, London:
http://tinyurl.com/3ykvus6
2) Another (ca. 1180-1190) now in the Victoria and Albert Museum, London:
http://collections.vam.ac.uk/item/O80222/the-becket-casket-casket-unknown/
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Becket_casket.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/c6lz8gz
3) Two more (ca. 1190-1200 or a little later), now in the Musée national du Moyen Âge (Musée de Cluny), Paris:
http://tinyurl.com/3xmjq6b
and
http://tinyurl.com/2uvzkvj
Other views of these are on the page linked to at 9) below.
4) Another (ca. 1200), now at Limoges, Musée municipal de l'Évêché:
http://www.culture.gouv.fr/emolimo/thomas1.htm
5) Another (ca. 1200), now in the Museum Schnütgen (St. Cäcilien), Köln:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2354/2127843870_2dcb1823bb_o.jpg
6) Another (ca. 1205-1215), now in the Musée d'Art et d'Archéologie (musée des Beaux-Arts), Guéret (Creuse):
http://www.culture.gouv.fr/emolimo/thomas2.htm
7) Another (ca. 1210), now in the Musée des beaux-arts in Lyon:
http://tinyurl.com/35c4jgs
8) Another (earlier thirteenth-century), now at Lucca, in the Museo della Cattedrale di Lucca (Museo diocesano), in the second view seen through tinted glass:
http://www.scuola.com/arte_storia/arte_becket/imgs/scheda_lucca.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3522/3837386490_88c39bba7c_o.jpg
Rear and side views of this object are shown toward the bottom of the page linked to at 9) below.
9) Other Becket reliquary châsses are shown here (images begin about a fifth of the way down the page):
http://tinyurl.com/9jz8ll
10) A plaque from such a reliquary châsse (late twelfth-century), now in the Musée du Louvre in Paris:
http://tinyurl.com/3a362o7

h) Thomas of Canterbury's martyrdom as portrayed in a copper gilt relief of ca. 1200 in the Kunstgewerbemuseum in Berlin:
http://tinyurl.com/3o5ugnz

i) An early thirteenth-century liturgical comb from England with Becket scenes, now in the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York:
http://tinyurl.com/q6mno6r

j) The early thirteenth-century Becket window in the basilique cathédrale Notre-Dame, Chartres:
http://tinyurl.com/ye4j2u4

k) The heavily restored, seemingly early thirteenth-century Becket window in the north choir of the cathédrale Saint-Étienne, Sens:
http://www.medievalart.org.uk/Sens/23_Pages/Sens_Bay23_key.htm
In the arrangement shown here the image of Becket preaching photographed by Gordon and recently shared with this list occurs in panel 5. An article in _Vidimus_ offers an English-language discussion of, and some expandable views of, earlier thirteenth-century Beckett windows at Sens and elsewhere:
http://vidimus.org/issues/issue-14/feature/

l) The thirteenth-century Becket Leaves (four leaves from an illustrated rhymed Passio of Thomas of Canterbury in French; all eight sides headed by an illumination suggestive of the work of Matthew Paris):
http://www.angelfire.com/pa4/becketleaves/
These were first published by Paul Meyer in 1885 (_Fragments d'une vie de saint Thomas de Cantorbéry en vers accouplés_) when they were in the possession of the Goethals family in Kortrijk / Courtrai, having been reserved when the Goethals-Vercruysse collection passed to the Openbare Bibliotheek / Bibliothèque municipale in that city. Does anyone know where they are now?

m) Thomas of Canterbury's martyrdom as depicted in a thirteenth-century fresco in Pavia's chiesa di San Lanfranco:
http://www.sanlanfranco.it/uploads/pics/w_assasinioTomasBecket.png

n) Thomas of Canterbury's martyrdom as depicted in a fresco of ca. 1260 formerly in the episcopal place at Treviso (TV) in the Veneto and now in that see's diocesan museum:
http://www.warfare.likamva.in/13/Palazzo_dei_Trecento.htm
Note the domes in the representation of Canterbury cathedral. It's thought that the artist was familiar with San Marco in Venice.

o) Thomas of Canterbury's martyrdom as depicted in the late thirteenth-century (ca. 1285-1290) Livre d'images de Madame Marie (Paris, BnF, ms. Nouvelle acquisition française 16251, fol. 81r):
http://tinyurl.com/ybuwf3e

p) An expandable view of Thomas of Canterbury's martyrdom as depicted in a late thirteenth-century copy of French origin of the _Legenda aurea_ (San Marino, CA, Huntington Library, ms. HM 3027, fol. 12v):
http://digitalassets.lib.berkeley.edu/ds/huntington/images//000975A.jpg

q) Thomas of Canterbury's martyrdom as depicted in an earlier fourteenth-century (1st or 2d quarter; attrib. to the Maître de Fauvel) copy of a French-language collection of saint's lives (Paris, BnF, ms. Français 183, fol. 195v):
http://tinyurl.com/yjwgs9y

r) Thomas of Canterbury's martyrdom as depicted in an earlier fourteenth-century (2d quarter) copy of a French-language collection of saint's lives (Paris, BnF, ms. Français 185, fol. 87r):
http://tinyurl.com/ye8n7nu

s) Thomas of Canterbury's martyrdom as depicted in an illumination from the workshop of Richard and Jeanne de Montbaston in an earlier fourteenth-century copy (1348) of the _Legenda aurea_ in its French-language version by Jean de Vignay (Paris, BnF, ms. Français 241, fol 26v):
http://tinyurl.com/ybd8l4g

t) Thomas of Canterbury's martyrdom as portrayed on a fourteenth-century roof boss in the cathedral church of St Peter, Exeter:
http://tinyurl.com/ybwmumk

u) Thomas of Canterbury in his shrine as portrayed on a later fourteenth-century pilgrim's badge in the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York:
http://tinyurl.com/nzulhg9
http://worldvisitguide.com/oeuvre/photo_ME0000022433.html

v) Thomas of Canterbury (third row from the top, second from left; image expandable) as depicted in one of twenty-six window panels (ca. 1400) from the Marienkirche in Wismar (Land Mecklenburg-Vorpommern) re-mounted in the same city's Kirche Heiligen Geist:
http://tinyurl.com/c8ey5rw

w) Thomas of Canterbury's martyrdom as depicted in an earlier fifteenth-century (ca. 1414) breviary for the Use of Paris (Châteauroux, Bibliothèque municipale, ms. 2, fol. 226v):
http://www.enluminures.culture.fr/Wave/savimage/enlumine/irht2/IRHT_054065-p.jpg

x) Two scenes from Meister Francke's earlier fifteenth-century Altarpiece of St. Thomas Becket (mid-1430s), now in the Kunsthalle in Hamburg:
1) T.'s entry into Canterbury:
http://tinyurl.com/yb3q3o
2) T.'s martyrdom:
http://tinyurl.com/yarm7y

y) Thomas of Canterbury's martyrdom as portrayed on a later fifteenth-century (ca. 1450-1500) alabaster panel now in the British Museum, London:
http://tinyurl.com/ykujtkj
http://tinyurl.com/lz7u2k4

z) Two later fifteenth-century alabaster panels from a dismantled altarpiece with Becket scenes, now in the Victoria and Albert Museum, London:
1) T. meeting the pope:
http://tinyurl.com/l85rrdy
http://tinyurl.com/333fg4b
2) T. landing at Sandwich:
http://tinyurl.com/lynhjlw
http://tinyurl.com/lynhjlw

aa) Thomas of Canterbury's enthronement as portrayed on another later fifteenth-century alabaster panel in the Victoria and Albert Museum, London
http://tinyurl.com/lbym68y
http://tinyurl.com/yaq6kgr

bb) Thomas of Canterbury's martyrdom as depicted in a later fifteenth-century copy (ca. 1480-1490) of the _Legenda aurea_ in its French-language version by Jean de Vignay (Paris, BnF, ms. Français 244, fol. 29bisv):
http://tinyurl.com/ycv83qp

cc) Thomas of Canterbury (at right, after St. Roch and St. Anastasia of Sirmium) as depicted in a late fifteenth-century fresco (1493; restored in 1990) in the cappella di Sant'Anastasia in Sale San Giovanni (CN) in Piedmont:
http://tinyurl.com/km6cr3c
Why is Thomas accoutered as a pilgrim? Is this a customary late medieval way of identifying a saint whose own resting place has become a major shrine?

dd) Thomas of Canterbury as portrayed in a statue on the probably earlier sixteenth-century altarpiece (betw. 1501 and 1526) in Härads kyrka, Härad (Strängnäs kommun), Södermanland:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7909590@N08/6268730290/

Best,
John Dillon