Dear Colleagues,

 Just before we all disappear, a reminder that the 2015 UHLMG Spring Forum will be taking place on the 6th of March with its usual mix of high quality speakers and valuable opportunities for networking and sharing experience with colleagues and vendors.

Booking will be opening in the New Year but please do make a space for it in your diaries now.

All the very best for 2015!

Regards,

Donald

Survival of the Fittest: Changing environments, evolving roles, and new skills for librarians in healthcare.  UHMLG Spring Forum 6th March 2015

We work in a rapidly changing environment across Higher Education and the NHS with a wide range of new challenges and exciting opportunities for new roles and new services.

The report from the review of NHS libraries in England is gradually emerging and documents such as the recent NMC Horizon Report 2014 have highlighted the key trends, significant challenges and technological changes that face us.

Join us at the Royal Society of Medicine on the 6th of March 2015 to discuss and learn more about the issues that are facing us across healthcare libraries in the UK and how librarians and library services are developing to meet these.

The Forum is aimed at librarians and others working in Higher Education or the NHS.

Confirmed speakers now include David Stewart (Director of Health Libraries North West), Jason Briddon (Director of Library Services at University of the West of England), Sue Lacey-Bryant (Health Education Thames Valley) and a range of librarians delivering support in new roles or in new ways across healthcare.

Comments on the 2014 UHMLG Spring Forum:

*                  A really interesting day!

*                  Best forum for ages! In fact best meeting I've attended for quite some time.

*                  Excellent as usual - thank you, and for all the hard work that goes into it!

*                  Excellent day. Very informative and useful.

*                  Excellent meeting on a relevant and important topic. I feel enthused and have a much better understanding of the issues. [Catering:] Yum!

*                  This has been one of the best conferences I have been to because of the quality of panellists and their presentations. Thank you very much - really worthwhile day!

 UHMLG (University Health and Medical Librarians Group) is the representative group for university health and medical librarians in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland.

 UHMLG conferences and forums bring together health care librarians and information professionals from Higher Education, the NHS, and related sectors to discuss topics of mutual interest and to share experiences of best practice and effective collaboration.

Donald M Mackay

Head of Health Care Libraries

The Bodleian Health Care Libraries

The Cairns Library