If museums deny access to their egg collections, then why are they keeping them? On the other hand, there are masses of problems associated with this material. I sduggest that seeking references from an institutional connection (eg university, publisher or whoever) might establish bona fides. It would also be worth asking him if he has been in touch with Andrew Cole who has written books about the history of egg collecting and seems to have got into trouble as a result. If he hasn't contacted Cole or read his books, then he should start by doing some more homework!
Pat Morris

Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 09:43:45 +0000
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Birds eggs collections online
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear Ali

Suggest talking to Douglas Russell here at NHM ([log in to unmask])  He is responsible for our egg collection and is extremely experienced on the complexities, interest groups and legal issues in this area.

John

John Jackson |
 Science Policy | Science Directorate
Natural History Museum
 | Cromwell Road | London SW7 5BD | UK
Tel: +44 (0)20 7942 5257 | Mobile: +44 (0)776 814 2277
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/science

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/natureplus/blogs/science-news
http://sciencepolicy.myspecies.info/

@nhm_science | Skype john.jackson.nhm