Is there's extra salvation value in studying medieval theologians?  In
the shooting today in the library at Florida State University, in which
three were wounded, USA Today reports:

    Student Jason Derfuss said he was leaving the library when the
    shooter opened fire very near him. Derfuss posted onFacebook
    <https://www.facebook.com/jason.derfuss> pictures of a bullet and a
    book, /Great Medieval Thinkers: John Wyclif,/ the bulllet had torn
    through. Derfuss says in his post he was near the gunman when the
    shooting started but never felt the shot and only discovered the
    damage three hours later.

    "He was about 5 feet from me, but he hit my books," Derfuss said.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/11/20/fsu-guman/19310741/

Author of that book is Stephen Edmund Lahey, who teaches philosophy at
Lemoyne College.

Cheers,
Al Magary