Hi Elvie –

Lots of people with visual impairments have reading software so metadata is key! Spend time giving any images proper descriptions so children who can’t see them know exactly what they show.  You can also make audio using Audacity, which is free software. You can host this on Soundcloud and link to it or embed it in your website. T also won’t do any harm to make important things big and obvious – search bar and so on!

There’s a new font which has just been released to help people with their dyslexia read things more easily – but I would advise talking with your designers about use of colour. You need something which won’t have too much glare for readers, but that will hold the words to the page. I’m sure you know navy on cream is a good standard for printed material…

Hope that helps!

Laura Hilton

Visitor Services Manager

Clifton Suspension Bridge Trust

Bridge Road, Leigh Woods, Bristol BS8 3PA

0117 974 4664

www.cliftonbridge.org.uk

Facebook: www.facebook.com/brunelsbridge