As far as I understand matters the existence of the monument is purely
incidental to the traffic problem. The A303 is major route, especially at
holiday times, from the South East to the West Country. The bottle neck is
caused by the 'infamous' Stonehenge Roundabout not with people
rubber-necking the rocks.