From: Online forum for SEDA, the Staff & Educational Development Association [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mike Farmer
Sent: 10 October 2014 13:28
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Foundation year benchmarking

Dear all

I can't comment on how UKPSF came to its view, but my understanding is (and colleagues whose institutions have been reviewed by QAA may wish to check this) that QAA includes Level 3 provision offered by a university (or other HE provider) when it undertakes an institutional review. I have seen at least one institutional review report which refers specifically to the university's foundation programmes.  I have also seen Level 3 work referred to as 'higher education' in some QAA ECREO Review reports.

I think this only proves the point about the uncertainty ... or perhaps ambiguity.

Best Wishes,
Mike Farmer
8 Church Road
St Mark's