Four Online Workshops to Choose From!

 Introduction to Instructional Design for e-Learning

13th November 2014

This practical workshop explains methodologies behind effective instructional design - often referred to as the "holy grail of e-learning".

We will demonstrate how to use specific and appropriate development tools as well as provide strategies and techniques to support the iterative process of instructional design.

Podcasting – A Practical Guide

27th November 2014

Producing a podcast is simple but on this online workshop you will learn the tips and tricks of creating one that people will actually enjoy listening to. You will have the opportunity to evaluate a range of podcasts, as well as record, edit and publish your own.

Screencasting

26th November 2014

Screencasts are an innovative method of communication and instruction based on broadcasting a recording of screen activity, often combined with narration and other visuals. This workshop covers different approaches from live-recording, to post production editing of mixed media.

Making WordPress work for you

12th November 2014

Learn the practical skills needed to install, configure and customise WordPress. This practical workshop explores the potential of the powerful and flexible platform millions of people choose to use. You will create your own fully functional installation of WordPress, which can later be published or used for ongoing development.

Want to hear what previous attendees thought?

"This was my first time using Blackboard - I thought it was really great, simple to use and effective"

"It was fab to get on Blackboard Collaborate, I think it's a great tool for teaching and learning"

"Excellent communication. The pre-seminar was really useful and made me feel comfortable with using the software before the course"

"Absolutely brilliant having this course online, I was a little cautious about missing out on any discussion parts but these were captured, if anything a little more online as we could always chip in on the text chat as well as talking"

"It was really convenient to be able to do this from my own workplace, but tap into a nationwide group of people"

"This was an excellent session delivered by knowledgeable presenters"

For more information visit our workshop programme page

Hope to see you soon!

Christina Hunter | Administration Assistant | Jisc Netskills

Web: www.netskills.ac.uk | Phone: (0191) 208 5000

JISC Netskills is a Jisc service hosted at Newcastle University