Hi all,
Here’s an opportunity to take part in some live research on the impact of artists’ Apps - I thought this would be of interest to members of this list.
Researchers in the International Centre for Cultural and Heritage Studies at Newcastle University are looking for 12 people to take part in a diary study recording personal experiences of using the Second Moon App, designed by award winning artist Katie Paterson. www.secondmoon.org.uk<http://www.secondmoon.org.uk>
What is the ‘Second Moon’ App?
In September 2013 Second Moon launched on a year-long airfreight journey moving in an anti clockwise direction across the UK, China, Australia and the USA. Orbiting at approximately twice the speed of our moon, Second Moon will have orbited Earth 30 times over the year. At the beginning of this month it started out on its final journey. The Second Moon App tracks this orbit in real time and visualizes it in relation to the user’s current location, the Moon’s location and the orbits’ of the other planets in our solar system.
Second Moon was commissioned by Locus+ in partnership with Newcastle University and Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums. www.secondmoon.org.uk<http://www.secondmoon.org.uk>
What are we asking participants to do?
We need people who can commit to recording their experiences of using the App between now and 20 September 2014. To take part in the project you need to have access to a smartphone or tablet.
Interested in taking part or know someone else who might be?
Go to http://wp.me/p3560v-fi to download the Participant Information Sheet. Deadline to register as a participant: Monday 8 September.
Rebecca Farley
PhD Researcher
International Centre for Cultural and Heritage Studies (ICCHS)

rebeccafarley.wordpress.com<https://rebeccafarley.wordpress.com>

Find out more about ICCS research at: icchsresearch.wordpress.com<http://icchsresearch.wordpress.com>