Dear Colleagues,

 We are setting up a new experimental group on Dipolar Quantum Gases at the IQOQI  (Innsbruck, Austria). I would be very grateful if you could forward this announcement of opening to highly motivated and enthusiastic students/researchers.

We currently have the following open position:
·      Experimental PhD position on dipolar quantum gas
·      Co-supervised Theoretical PhD position on dipolar physics (supervisors: Baranov/Ferlaino/Zoller)
·      Experimental Post-doc position on dipolar quantum gas

The PhD positions are for up to 4 years, while Post-Doc appointments are for 1+1 years.  Women are particularly encouraged to apply.

Best regards,
Francesca Ferlaino

OPENING DETAILS

Research group
The research group led by Francesca Ferlaino is jointly located at the Institute of Quantum Optics and Quantum Information (IQOQI) and at the University of Innsbruck (Austria). The group is part of a vibrant research environment with world-leading theoretical and experimental groups in quantum optics, ultracold gases, and quantum information.
More info: www.iqoqi.at, www.ultracold.at, www.uibk.ac.at/sp-physik

Research subject
We invite applications for PhD and postdoc positions to work on one of the following subjects:
(1)  Creation of a second generation ERBIUM machine for the exploration of strongly dipolar phenomena in ultracold gases
(2)  Quantum simulation with magnetic atoms
(3)  Multi-electron Rydberg excitation in erbium atoms
(4)  From weakly- to strongly-interacting dipolar gases: a theoretical study

How to Apply?
·      Experimental PhD applications - containing CV, publications (if available), motivation letter, and recommendation letters - should be submitted electronically using the subject line “EXPPhD2014” by October 31th 2014
·      Theoretical PhD applications - containing CV, publications (if available), motivation letter, and recommendation letters - should be submitted electronically using the subject line “THEOPhD2014” by November 30th 2014
·      PostDoc applications - containing CV, publication list, past research achievements, motivation letter including future research plans, and recommendation letters - should be submitted electronically using the subject line “PostDoc2014” to by December 1st 2014

All the applications should be sent to [log in to unmask]
Post-deadline applications will be considered depending on availability.

MORE RESEARCH OPPORTUNITIES AT FF’s GROUP

We start continuously new experimental projects. Check out the different research opportunities for Master projects and for spending some time with us with an internship by emailing directly to [log in to unmask].

Univ.-Prof. Dr. Francesca Ferlaino

Institut für Experimentalphysik
Universität Innsbruck
Technikerstraße 25
6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Tel.: +43 512 507 52440, (Lab.: -52441) (Fax: -52492)

http://www.ultracold.at

To join or leave the molecular-dynamics-news email list, go to: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/molecular-dynamics-news.html