Hi Markus
I don’t really follow your logic here.   The probabilities that you are combining are defined given x (and A and B). So x cannot be considered as “not the same region”, it has to be the same x.
So if there is no overlap, then for some x, one of the two probabilities will be zero. Say for instance that p(A<-x<-B) is zero. Then the probability of the union is simply p(A->x->B).

Now going back to your two group difference example, it seems to me that your result is exactly what you would expect. In general, doing an AND condition will give you a much more specific result than doing OR, at the cost of lower sensitivity.   Of course the difficult question is whether the extra tracts you get with OR are real…

Cheers
Saad