From: Academic, financial or space planning in UK universities [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lashley, Ray
Sent: 21 September 2014 00:23
To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Time and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2015

Hi

This year I have been learning how the Google API scripting language works. It’s proven to be quite powerful at interrogating the html of the tables displayed on the web pages and has allowed the data to be extracted into a list. This can be turned into a pivot table or uploaded to a database. The 2015 guide numbers can be accessed at: [not anymore]<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ruqu3o1i3dddEaiexgMV0bT_ACC3feSqYzvfVRzYCeY> (the 2014 data is at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_kpQnH9thufIZ4j8TWbmC-OypK0Yke8j9Hy3pHRy38). These can be downloaded in your format of choice (Excel, csv etc.) from the file menu.

As before, this exercise was mainly for my own benefit in learning the API scripting language and is shared without any promise of accuracy or permenancy. However, if you do notice a mistake do let me know and I’ll try to take a look when I get a chance.

Enjoy!

Ray

The University of Derby has a published policy regarding email and reserves the right to monitor email traffic. If you believe this was sent to you in error, please select unsubscribe.

Unsubscribe and Security information contact: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
For all FOI requests please contact: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
All other Contacts are at http://www.derby.ac.uk/its/contacts/