[apologies for cross-posting]

eAssessment Scotland 2014

Last chance to register!

Friday, 5th September

Location:

Dalhousie Building, University of Dundee

Cost:

FREE!

Hi,

Only a week to go until the 6th eAssessment Scotland conference - the UK's
largest event dedicated to examining how technology can make a difference to
how we assess our learners. Now, I realise that it's short notice,
especially if you're based some distance from Dundee, but we promise a day
of engaging keynotes and inspiring seminars & workshops that explore a range
of assessment practice - everything from the analytics of assessment data (a
lot more interesting and practical than it might sound) to the realistic
uses you can put the voting systems that are gathering dust in a box
somewhere (or are sitting in your learners' pockets).

A sample of what's on offer:

.         U101 Audio/Visual Feedback
<http://www.e-assessment-scotland.org/?page_id=2350#u101>  - Derek Jones,
Open University

.         Interaction, Collaboration and Accessibility: Emerging Practices
in Online Assessment
<http://www.e-assessment-scotland.org/?page_id=2350#emerge>  - Navdeep
Hundal, University of Sheffield

.         Open Badges in Open Education
<http://www.e-assessment-scotland.org/?page_id=2350#badges> - Do They Count?
- Martin Hawksey, Association for Learning Technology

.         My Portfolio Turned Out to Be More than Just an Assessment
<http://www.e-assessment-scotland.org/?page_id=2350#morethan> . - Libs
Browne, University of York

.         Virtual Patients
<http://www.e-assessment-scotland.org/?page_id=2350#virtual>  - Paul
Chapman, Glasgow School of Art

And of course, the best part of the day - you! Or specifically the chance to
get together with like-minded people . those interested in what eAssessment
has to offer and who are willing to share what they know with each other.

The organising partners and presenters all volunteer their time and
resources to bring you this free event, offering the opportunity to
experience, meet and share without (hopefully) breaking the bank. We do
thank all of our exhibitors taking part, without whom we really wouldn't be
run eAssessment Scotland.

So, if you can make it, we would love to see you there - tell your friends
(bring your friends!)

Register now for eAssessment Scotland 2014
<http://www.e-assessment-scotland.org/>

(and if you can't make it to Dundee on the 5th, why not sign up for the
Online Programme <http://www.e-assessment-scotland.org/?page_id=2342> ?)

This really is my last thing (I do tend to ramble a bit . sorry for that):

If you happen to be on the other side of the country, then I can also
recommend 'Digital Media Interaction and Inclusivity
<https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/melsig-digital-media-interaction-and-inclusi
vity-tickets-12149875605> ' at the University of Sussex on the 9th of
September, organised by the inimitable David Walker.

;-)

Kenji Lamb

Soffed

e: [log in to unmask]