I've been asked to forward on the following message from Macmillan- please get in touch with them directly with any questions or feedback, and please do forward it on to any interested parties.

Macmillan: BME Online Community Research

Macmillan wants to ensure that everyone - regardless of their ethnicity, faith, gender or sexuality - has equal access to the best quality cancer services.

We know that patient experience in cancer care can be poorer for people from a Black & Minority Ethnic (BME) community. But there isn’t enough evidence being gathered about the experiences of people from a BME community affected by cancer.

To put this right we need your help.

We are launching a new approach to collaborative research and need you to get involved in an online community consisting of people from the BME community affected by cancer, inequalities experts and service providers. This will be an opportunity to tell us what the most important issues are and explore together what the solutions might be.

The community will go live in October 2014, so please get in touch if you would like to get involved. It would also be fantastic if you could help us promote it within the wider BME community so we can have the most voices involved in helping to drive change in cancer care for all.

To find out more, please contact Fatimah Vali at [log in to unmask] by 29th August 2014.

--
Kat Clayton

Information Officer

Race Equality Foundation

42-50 Worsley St

Manchester

M15 4LD

Tel: 0161 220 1016

Email: [log in to unmask]

http://www.raceequalityfoundation.org.uk

Embed race equality into your every day work with our free-to-view resource collections on Better Health and Better Housing

Follow @raceequality on Twitter!

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it contain information which is confidential and may also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s), please note that any distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete it and immediately notify the sender. This e-mail does not necessarily reflect the views of the Race Equality Foundation or its Trustees. The Race Equality Foundation is a registered charity, number 1051096 and a company limited by guarantee, registered in England with the registered number 3121679.  The Race Equality Foundation’s registered office is Unit 17 Deane House Studios, 27 Greenwood Place, London NW5 1LB.