We have a similar problem with six Android tablets looping video in a
temporary exhibition.

I tried using an events manager app were the event was 'AC power onš with
the action being launch app (video kiosk). The video kiosk was set to go
to sleep after 5pm when the ring main was switched off thus putting the
tablet in deep sleep. This worked fine at my desk but in the exhibition
over a longer period of time it caused problems. The AC charger would
charge the battery fully, then the tablet would run a while on the battery
draining it a little which would cause the AC charger to charge again
tripping the event manager into launching the kiosk app. The other problem
was getting all the apps to work consistently across all the tablets. All
the tablets were the same model but they behaved differently.

Chris

Mr Christopher MacLure
Visual Communication
Design and Technical Resources

Direct line 0141 330 8471
Fax 0141 330 3618

Hunterian Museum & Art Gallery
82 Hillhead Street
University of Glasgow
Glasgow, G12 8QQ

www.glasgow.ac.uk/hunterian
<applewebdata://53F95866-AE34-4D06-A2FA-D20B9FA4D860/www.glasgow.ac.uk/hunt
erian>

The Entire Collection cared for by The Hunterian is a Recognised
Collection of National Significance to Scotland
A world Top 100 University, joint first in Scotland for student
satisfaction and 5th in the UK
University of Glasgow, charity number SC004401