APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTING
The Race Equality Foundation is a national charity which promotes race equality and helps to overcome barriers by exploring discrimination and disadvantage. We are currently commissioning evidence-based briefing papers for Better Health, a project which examines race equality in health.
The papers are usually around 8 pages long (including bibliography), and although they focus on a variety of different issues and ethnic groups, overarching themes include:
In particular, we are currently seeking authors for papers on the following themes:
- the obstacles to the participation and engagement of black and minority ethnic service users in health services, such as segregation, dispersal or language
- the limitations which exist in the provision of culturally, ethnically and linguistically appropriate services, especially for service users who may be in rural areas/present a significant minority
- the impact of personal or institutional racism upon black and minority ethnic service users and staff
- the intersections between age, disability, gender, faith, poverty and ethnicity
- best practice examples to tackle discrimination and disadvantage
If you are interested in producing a paper, please send us with a short blurb or 4-5 bullet points to outline the content/structure of the paper.
- ethnicity, public health and preventative measures
- the interaction between ethnicity, health, work and worklessness
- effective use of the NHS Constitution
If you like to see other examples of briefings in the Better Health collection, please visit the site. If you’d like to know more about the project or register for our monthly newsletter, do please get in touch.
Race Equality Foundation
42-50 Worsley St
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it contain information which is confidential and may also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s), please note that any distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete it and immediately notify the sender. This e-mail does not necessarily reflect the views of the Race Equality Foundation or its Trustees. The Race Equality Foundation is a registered charity, number 1051096 and a company limited by guarantee, registered in England with the registered number 3121679. The Race Equality Foundation’s registered office is Unit 17 Deane House Studios, 27 Greenwood Place, London NW5 1LB.