****APOLOGIES FOR ANY CROSS POSTING****

Dear Colleague

We now have only limited places available for the PG Marketing Forum in June event so booking soon is recommended if you would like to attend. The list will be closed early next week.

Please note: if you have already booked your place, joining instructions were sent out by email at the end of last week.

JUNE PG MARKETING FORUM - Thursday 5th June, Central London

Theme: UK PGT in a falling market – reversing the trend

The HESA figures for 2012 entry showed the PGT market in the UK falling for the second year in a row. With the already fragile PGT market and the first cohort of undergraduate students with higher debt emerging in 2015, what, if anything can be done to reverse the worrying decline in new students and increase numbers of UK PGT students?

In this Forum session we'll be looking at both strategic and practical ideas for recruiting more UK PGT students, including looking for and promoting to new or unexplored markets, converting the students we are already attracting, the role of sector wide or collaborative campaigns, and how to understand who our PGT markets really are, or could be. We are also including a student panel, to find out what UK PGT students really want, and four Case Studies:

University of Chester on bucking the trend: a successful PGT campaign
Coventry University on converting final year students and alumni
Newcastle University on widening participation in postgraduate
University of York on a faculty perspective.

A provisional programme is given here. As usual, we are offering a reduced rate if you or a colleague from your Department have attended before.

Provisional Programme

09.15 Registration and Coffee

09.45 Introductions

10.00 UK PGT in a falling market – reversing the trend

11.30 Key Issues and Questions: small group discussion and structured networking session

12.15 Plenary Discussion and group feedback

12.45 Lunch and informal/themed networking

13.30 Student Panel - what postgraduate students think

14.30 Case Studies from the sector

15.30 Group Discussion: what matters, What Works? - information sharing, questions and networking

15.50 One thing to take away? Round-up and What Next?

16.00 Close

More information on the Forum, costs and an online booking form for this event can be found at:

http://www.postgraduatestudentships.co.uk/pgmarketingforum

We look forward to seeing you at the event.

Best wishes

Claire

Claire Gascoigne

Marketing Manager

PostgraduateStudentships, MastersCompare and MyPostgradApps

www.MastersCompare.co.uk
www.PostgraduateStudentships.co.uk

www.MyPostgradApps.com

Facebook icon for email  Twitter icon for email