North Somerset adopted GIS for the HER in 2006, probably the last authority in the country. This was largely due to there being extremely substandard management for the first 10 years of our existence (since 1996). Luckily, this is no longer the case, and my current management is, on the whole, pretty good.

Vince

Vince Russett

County Archaeologist

Development Management Group

North Somerset Council

Our Historic Environment Record is now on-line: Go to the North Somerset web site (http://www.n-somerset.gov.uk) then use the tabs Environment / Conservation / Archaeology/ Historic Environment Record. Enjoy!

Landline: 01934 426456

Mobile:    07917 265645

Please note my work hours are usually 8am to 4pm