Dear all

I watched some of these films (the ones about object interpretation and evaluation) and found this an enjoyable way of learning about  / refreshing some important techniques.

Please reply directly to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

---

Dear Martin,
Please find some copy below that refers to the SIF-funded interpretation training films that were produced. We’d be really grateful if you could pass this on to your networks/post them on to your blog/websites. Providing wide access to this training was a condition of our funding.

Share and share alike: Regional interpretation training goes viral
Early in 2013 three cultural learning networks in Cumbria, funded through Arts Council England Major Partner Museum funding, established a training course – a beginner’s guide to interpretation – for staff and freelancers working in and for cultural venues across Cumbria. The course covered interpretive planning, imaginative interpretation of objects, interpretive writing, live interpretation and evaluation of interpretation. Thanks to funding from the Museum Development North West Sustainable Improvement Fund, some of the sessions were filmed to produce a training legacy. It is hoped that they will be of interest to a wider audience and used for training. Find out more about the training programme and see the films here:
http://connecttrainingvideo.moonfruit.com/home/4579588842

Many thanks

Mary Ann Lancaster