Hi Stefanie,

generally a good idea but I am not sure if the tables will be that
readable any more once we have both added 3 to 4 columns next to the EDM
description (especially when I add the 103 specializing resources that we
have in our model in this table, too). Anyway, I think that an overview on
the EDM and its different application profiles is something that we
clearly need. This table could be a good starting point if Valentine is
okay with that.

All the best (and happy Easter!)

Evelyn

Am 17.04.2014, 17:38 Uhr, schrieb Ruehle, Stefanie

> Hi Valentine,
>
> may it make sense, that we use this tables also for the rules of the DDB
> model and the DM2E model. We could enter them in the >colums next to
> yours and by this could get a good overview of the requirements - what
> are the requirements we all have and >what are the domain specific
> requirements. Because we all use EDM there will be a lot in common.
>
> @Evelyn, what do you think about that?
>
> Best wishes
>
>     Stefanie
>
> Am 14.04.2014 16:39, schrieb Valentine Charles:
>> Dear all,
>> We have been working at Europeana on the definition of new validation
>> rules for the Europeana Data Model which we would like >>to share with
>> you all.In the use case on EDM [1] Robina has described the current
>> rules we apply when validating our data. However these rules
>> and that could be used for formal validation. We have drafted >>a new
>> wish list containing all the validation rules we would like to apply
>> [2]. These rules are divided per EDM classes and then >>per properties
>> as defined in the model. When the rules are applicable to all the
>> classes and properties we have added them in a >>general rules tab.In
>> addition we have tried to categorized these rules based on the
>> literature we could find on the topic [3]. The categorisation is >>not
>> finalised yet but we thought some people might be interested in this
>> exercise.
>> We hope this work will generate further discussions on the topic.
>> Best wishes,
>> Valentine, Robina and Antoine.
>> [1] http://wiki.dublincore.org/index.php/EDM[2]
>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoN3jJ2PToabdDBCZUw0NFA1Smx4UjdPcG43c0RDZHc&usp=sharing
>> [3]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UpVusHCyMdgtUIYsDRLIO7OibuIwm5fas8zTQ-2n_Pk/edit?usp=sharing
>>

>> Valentine Charles
>>
>> Data R&D Coordinator
>>

>> T: +31 (0)70 314 0391
>> M:E: [log in to unmask]
>>
>> Skype: charles.valentine
>>

>> Europeana makes Europe’s culture available for all, across borders and
>> generations and for creative re-use – follow >>how at #AllezCulture
>>
>> Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are
>> confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
>> entity to whom they are >>addressed. If you have received this email in
>> error please notify the system manager. If you are not the named
>> addressee you should not disseminate, >>distribute or copy this email.
>> Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this
>> email by mistake and delete this email from your >>system.
>>

> --Stefanie Rühle
> Metadata and Data Conversion
>
> Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
> Göttingen State and University Library
> D-37070 Göttingen
>
> Papendiek 14 (Historical Building, room 1.603)
> +49 551 39-10905 (Tel.)

Evelyn Dröge

Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Berlin School of Library and Information Science
- Digitised Manuscripts to Europeana (DM2E) -
Sitz: Dorotheenstraße 26, D-10117 Berlin
Post: Unter den Linden 6, D-10099 Berlin
Tel.: +49 30 2093-4265

www.ibi.hu-berlin.de | dm2e.eu