Hi all,

Many thanks for the positive feedback on the Scottish Open Education Declaration.  Just to add to Joe's comments and to clarify where we've got to, we see the Declaration as being a starting point to raise awareness of the benefits of Open Education at senior management and government level in Scotland, rather than the end of that process.  We very much hope that all sectors of Scottish education will  endorse the declaration, but we have some way to go until we get there!

If anyone is interested in learning more about the background to Open Scotland and the Scottish Open Education Declaration, Joe Wilson and I will be doing a short webinar on these developments on Wednesday 2nd of April at 12.00 - 12.45.  The webinar is being hosted by Jisc RSC Scotland and you can sign up here http://jiscevents.force.com/E/EventsDetailPage?id=a06U000000GpSj7IAF&srvc=JISC%20RSC%20Scotland

I also wrote a blog post on the background to the declaration for Open Education Week last week, which you can read here http://lornamcampbell.wordpress.com/2014/03/11/the-scottish-open-education-declaration/

I very much hope that some day in the not too distant future we will be able to announce cross sector support for the declaration at senior management level.  In the meantime we would continue to encourage all those with an interest in open education to comment on and contribute to this draft and to encourage their colleagues to join the debate.

All the best
Lorna