I was thinking about this a while back and wondered whether performance
shouldn't include the performance of code and algorithms that we can't see
... I took convolution as a starting point.

http://www.performanceparadigm.net/journal/issue-9/articles/convolving-signals-thinking-the-performance-of-computational-processes-andrew-murphie/

all the best, andrew

--

"A traveller, who has lost his way, should not ask, Where am I? What he
really wants to know is, Where are the other places" - Alfred North

Andrew Murphie - Associate Professor
School of the Arts and Media,
University of New South Wales,
Sydney, Australia, 2052