Interactive technologies for mathematics and statistics support

Date: Wednesday 19th March 2014
Time: 10.00
15.30
Place: University Campus Suffolk, Ipswich

 This FREE one-day hands-on workshop will allow participants the chance to experience and try out a number of technologies that can provide motivation and interaction in maths and statistics classes and workshops. It will be particularly relevant for tutors working in maths and statistics support who are called upon to deliver group workshops or in-course skills sessions, and want to make them engaging and memorable.  But we welcome any HE practitioners with an interest in interactive technology for teaching and learning mathematics and statistics.

 Course presenters:
Andy Ramsden, e-learning Development Manager, UCS
David Bowers, Eastern England sigma Hub

 Course content to include:

 Course cost:
 This is a FREE course, supported by the Eastern England Hub of the
sigma Network for cross-university mathematics and statistics support. Lunch and refreshments are provided.

 How to apply:
 Please send an e
mail with your full workplace contact details to:
[log in to unmask].  Alternatively, if you prefer, you may book online with Eventbrite  at http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/interactive-technologies-for-mathematics-and-statistics-support-tickets-10255128365 (passwork: sigma-east). Confirmation and joining instructions will be sent in due course. Places are limited, to allow all delegates use of a PC, so early booking is recommended.

 We look forward to meeting you and exploring together the potential of interactive technologies for mathematics and statistics support.

 David Bowers,
Chair, sigma Network,
Learning Development Centre,
University Campus Suffolk,
Neptune Quay,
Ipswich  IP4 1QJ,
United Kingdom.

Tel: 01473 338707

Be part of the sigma Network for cross-university maths and statistics support.

Visit www.sigma-network.ac.uk