PS for the – like me – uninitiated… http://www.thersa.org/fellowship (no, I’m not on commission!)

From: List for discussion of issues in museum education in the UK. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of John McMahon
Sent: 31 March 2014 16:27
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: The RSA - worth becoming a Fellow, for heritage professionals?

Hi all, quick afternoon question –

Are any of you goodly Gemmers also Fellows of the RSA?

I’ve been getting quite a lot of messages from them lately promoting the programme, as I took part in a user-testing of their new Fellows website in December; also, being based in that London, I do get to a few of their highly august lectures and discussion sessions a year.

I’m curious as to what value people feel they derive from Fellowship – does it really make you feel part of a wider community, and has this expansion of your nominal network brought genuine returns? Any particular synergies (or challenges!) for heritage-learning professionals? Anything else to recommend it?

Thanks for any any all thoughts on the matter,

John

John McMahon

Museums, Libraries & Heritage Advisor

A New Direction

20-26 Brunswick Place,

Hackney, London, N1 6DZ

www.anewdirection.org.uk

T: 020 7608 8988

M: 07734 967798

E: [log in to unmask]

Tw: @A_New_Direction / @JohnMcArtsEd

L: www.linkedin.com/in/johnjamesmcmahon

B: www.anewdirection.org.uk/blog/author/john-mcmahon

Take a look at our blog, and make sure you sign up to receive our monthly digest