Hi Laura

Welcome to EFTC.

We too are looking at outcome evidence and effectiveness of our service
If you would like to visit the Ley Community, let me know

Regards

Wendy

Wendy Dawson
Chief Executive
Ley Community
www.leycommunity.co.uk
Mobile:07590556968

Sent from my iPhone

On 11 Feb 2014, at 15:52, "Laura Aslan" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself as I am a new member of the EFTC discussion list.

My name is Laura Aslan, I am the lead Researcher for Phoenix Futures; the fourth largest drug and alcohol treatment provider in the UK. I have a forensic psychology background and have particular  interest and experience in prison-based therapeutic communities. I have worked for Phoenix Futures for nearly 2 years. My role at Phoenix is to ensure that our services are evidence-based and outcome focused. We want to ensure there is a link between the interventions we deliver and the outcomes we achieve with our clients. The projects I design are used to evaluate the effectiveness of our services and develop ways to increase effectiveness and efficiency either through the modification of current design or by developing alternative, novel techniques.

Some of my current projects involve researching our alcohol-specific clients and their experience of residential, therapeutic community treatment. In addition to this we are looking into any experienced, perceived or observed differences between alcohol-specific clients and opiate-specific clients. I am in the first stages of designing an evaluation of our ‘Recovery through Nature’ programme looking into the processes at play and how this programme helps to enhance someone’s recovery journey. Other projects surround mothers in treatment, BCHILLED- our night-time economy project in Birmingham and various large-scale effectiveness evaluations conducted through outside organisations such as Public Health England and the Ministry of Justice; to name but a few!

Im looking forward to being part of this forum and utilising and hopefully contributing to it as well.

Thanks,

Laura.

Laura Aslan
Researcher

Phoenix Futures
50 Hamilton Street, Birkenhead, Wirral CH41 5AE
Call: 0151 649 9000 Mobile 07805 654251
www.phoenix-futures.org.uk

Phoenix Futures; Winner of the Best Employer Award 2012

<image001.jpg>

<image002.jpg>

Phoenix Futures brings positive change in the lives of individuals, families and communities affected by
substance misuse. We reduce the impact of drug and alcohol related harm and enable our service users to
rebuild their lives. Our purpose is achieved through the skills and dedication of our staff.

Phoenix House (operating as Phoenix Futures) is a registered charity in England and Wales (No. 284880)
and in Scotland (No. SC039008); Company Limited by Guarantee Number 1626869; Registered Housing Corporation
Number H3795; National Housing Federation Member.

Disclaimer:  This e-mail is from Phoenix Futures. This message is confidential and intended for the
addressee(s) only. If you are not the addressee(s) please notify the sender immediately so that the error
can be corrected. This message and any attachments received cannot be guaranteed free of viruses and it is
the recipient's responsibility to check them. Any views expressed in this communication are not
necessarily those of Phoenix Futures.