Hi every one,

I am very happy that this discussion is reappearing here
(I was the one who reacted to the anouncement on Yasmin)
Thanks !!!

I was a bit disappointed by the 'cold' reaction on yasmin list
(lack of women there ? of feminists ? more women here ?)

Lately I have seen so many adds from events presenting only male participants.
I try to write to the organisers, but it seems to be a very poor weapon.
(and chronophage) and then I get excluded even more !!

What kinds of action are possible ?
Boycotting these events ?
writting massively to them ? or to their sponsors ? :)
creating festivals for women to make them visible ?
(I suggested to a few curators -male- to organise an event on women
using new medias, and I am sure it would be a great exhibition. but
none did till now)

Could we create a price for 'sexist' events ?
(or narrow minded ones ?) or a price for parity ?

How could we convince art institutions to make (and make public) their
statistics on gender ?

How can we make curators work more with women ?

About the fact that french artists do not speak/write enough english
to be included in international events.
Some do it very well. Antoine Schmitt for example. he got a few prices abroad.
Miguel Chevalier is speaking spanish. is exhibiting sometimes in South
America.

I wonder if the way women use language (I mean, use it to promote
themselves) is an impediment. Is there some gender analysis on ways to
write a promotional text to take part in exhibition ?

Last point :
May I mention some french women pionneers in the art and technology field ?
Marie-Hélene Tramus, Liliane Terrier, Monique Nahas (they were my
teachers at univ Paris 8 in the 90's).
Nathalie Magnan, Monique Wender, Cécile Babiole, Catherine Nieky,
Marie Genevieve Havel, Annie Dissaux, Judith Darmond... Susana Sulic,
and myself !!
Sorry for those that I don't know.
how many are still active ?

Regards,