Greetings all,

Can anyone direct me to discussions, especially primary sources, where medieval people are encouraged to envision and meditate on the crucifixion, and/or Marys pain observing it? Im wondering when such forms of meditation became common, and whether they were limited to monasteries (I doubt it, but monks and nuns would perhaps be a primary 'audience'.)
Meg