That’s certainly an important consideration. It’s fairly easy to offer generic RDM advice, but our research consistently suggests that researchers like to have examples of good research data management practice in their own discipline. That’s harder to offer, as few researchers are confident enough yet that they are exemplifying ‘best practice’ to want to tell people about it. The more examples and case studies that can be shared, the easier it will become to produce useful advice and materials at a level researchers can engage with.

If anyone on this list already has good subject-specific case studies, do please share! We’ll be working on it during 2014.

James

From: Research Data Management discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Chuck Humphrey
Sent: 16 January 2014 17:03
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Beginner to RDM

This is definitely a topic on which many of us are working.  Our Research Data Management Services Working Group just finished reviewing 52 websites containing research data management pages and are now preparing a new site for our institution based on what we have learned.  In a nutshell, we discovered that content on research data management is not an issue.  The challenge seems to be in providing different user communities with a context for content appropriate to their needs.  We are in the midst of mocking up our solutions to this challenge.

Chuck