Hi Sanjeet,

The outcrop appearance and deformation geometry surely could be the result
of soft-sediment deformation, leading to some interesting stress state
interpretations (thanks Dirk).
However, Janos is absolutely right that some more info is needed
(lithology, burial history(any?),...) prior to arriving at any conclusion
from this very nice field photograph. It is usually impossible to speculate
on the state of a rock during deformation only on the basis of a photograph.

Regards

Tim

--
T.N. Debacker    |    +61 402 848 530    |    Senior Structural
Geologist    |    FrOGTECH    |    Canberra, ACT, Australia