Either way, I would definitely recommend getting an opinion from someone really good with stats for this, to make sure your final inferences are valid.

Best,
Mike

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 8:34 PM, Chou Paul <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear Mike

Basically I have already implemented the method you suggested in my own dataset. I got modified T score for each resample but I want to perform some "conventional GRF-style multiple comparison correction" for each modified T score maps. Could you provide me some information of how to perform multiple comparison correction using FSL command line tools ?

In order to compare the performance (type I error rate) to modified T score that you suggested in previous reply, I also calculate traditional Z-score which I post in the original question.

Best

Paul

Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 18:47:49 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FSL] How to calculate voxel/cluster wised corrected P value with FSL command line tools ?
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi Paul,

Hopefully someone better than me with stats will chime in on this, but it sounds a little fishy to me. I'm not sure such an approach is valid, since all your individual z-score calculations from boot-strapping like that are not really independent.

You could take a look at: http://homepages.abdn.ac.uk/j.crawford/pages/dept/SingleCaseMethodology.htm, which has some nice discussion about comparing single subject data to small control groups. However, it's for conventional data, not image data. Bascially, though, they give a slightly modified t-Test approach.

Once you have a t-stat image and degrees of freedom,  you could maybe just do conventional GRF-style inference. I'm not sure permutation approaches would work well, since you only have the one subject in group 1.

Best,
Mike