Hi - yes, that's fine - in fact if you look inside the FSLNets code you'll see that's how we do inference on network matrices.

randomise doesn't require the matrices to be z-transformed for validity, but in theory it is preferable, yes - again you can see that this is done in FSLNets.

Cheers.

On 7 Jan 2014, at 00:52, Paul Robinson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Dear FSL-ers,
>
> I have correlation matrices (in .nii format) for two groups of subjects, and was wondering about the legitimacy running randomise on them. I want to know where my groups differ with respect to these correlations, so is this a reasonable way to try to answer this question? Presumably I should also z-transform these correlations?
>
> Any advice is welcome.
>
> Many thanks,
> Paul

+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)