Although we have been talking about implementing RDA for a number of years and it is in our operational plan for implementation this year, I have only just been asked to present my recommendations as a paper for SMT. I expect to have to make a convincing case even though it is highly unlikely that we will not implement. We have been subscribing to the Toolkit for over a year so that hasn't been an issue for us. It is more about getting acceptance and uniformity across a library where cataloguing isn't a completely centralized activity.

June

-----Original Message-----
From: CIG E-Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Helen Williams
Sent: 13 January 2014 11:00
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CIG-E-FORUM] RDA at Wellcome

Thanks June

You mentioning needing the approval of Senior Management leads nicely into another question for our session this morning, which is Who was involved in the decision/preparation for implementing RDA?
Did you have to 'justify' it to senior managers?

A few people have already mentioned that the cost of the toolkit has been a prohibitive factor, and this follows on from that a bit as well.

Helen