At the British Library 227 staff were trained in RDA and 951.3 staff days were spent on this between 2012 and 2013 (equivalent to 4.5 FTE).  Targets for production were satisfied by mitigation strategies we put in place, such as front loading certain types of material for processing and the outsourcing of material to record suppliers. We also carried out training on a rolling basis, rather than attempting to deliver it all at the same time. For example, our authority control cataloguers received training before our bibliographic cataloguers.

Thurstan

From: CIG E-Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jackie Johnson (Library Services)
Sent: 13 January 2014 10:29
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CIG-E-FORUM] RDA - staff time

Could I ask the possibly sensitive question as to how many staff/much staff time people are devoting to RDA?  We're finding it difficult to do alongside out day jobs as it were, and there are just two of us tackling it at the moment. I'd be interested to hear what's happening elsewhere.

Thanks,

Jackie

Jackie Johnson
Metadata Team Leader