Hi, all.  Thanks to those of you who organized this discussion!

At University of the Arts we are currently in the planning/experimentation stage.  I have re-written some of our local cataloguing guidelines to RDA-ize them (am really regretting tackling videorecordings, though!) and have some of our cataloguing staff experimenting with doing some original/enhanced cataloguing in RDA so they can get their feet wet.  At the same time we're carrying on normal cataloguing in AACR2, too.  We've been accepting RDA copy for about the past year.

We're hoping to go for full implementation this summer when there is a little more time for training, so we can train not just our centralized bib services staff, but also staff at our site libraries who do occasional cataloguing.  I'm thinking we may also need a brief session on "RDA for non-cataloguers" for other library staff, similar to the one from U of Cambridge.

Looking forward to the discussion today!

Kate Kluttz
Acquisitions & Metadata Librarian
University of the Arts London Library Services
020 7514 8586
www.arts.ac.uk/library<http://www.arts.ac.uk/library>
[twitter-icon (1)]<https://twitter.com/UAL_Libraries>  [facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/UALlibraries>   [wordpress-icon] <http://blogs.arts.ac.uk/libraryservices/>   [ask_us_icon_blue tinier] <http://arts.ac.libanswers.com/index.php>

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this email and/or its attachments you must not take any action based upon them and you must not copy or show them to anyone. Please send the email back to us and immediately and permanently delete it and its attachments.

Where this email is unrelated to the business of University of the Arts London or of any of its group companies the opinions expressed in it are the opinions of the sender and do not necessarily constitute those of University of the Arts London (or the relevant group company).

Where the sender's signature indicates that the email is sent on behalf of London Artscom Limited the following also applies: London Artscom Limited is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 02361261. Registered Office: University of the Arts London, 272 High Holborn, London WC1V 7EY.

--
Scanned by iCritical.