To answer my own question:

I think the main positive for us has really been the extent to which we have engaged with other teams. To have an 'excuse' to visit other teams in the department has really helped to raise the profile of the cataloguers and (hopefully) made people more likely to approach us.

It's also meant I've learnt more about how the system works, which is always useful!

Katrina

From: CIG E-Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Clifford, Katrina M
Sent: 14 January 2014 15:26
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CIG-E-FORUM] Positives and negatives and any other queries

Thanks all and please keep the discussion of the above points going!

To round off today, what do you think have been the positives and negatives of adopting RDA (including perhaps the timing of your move) and for those still considering it/not adopting it, have you found any positives/negatives of not adopting it or waiting?

Finally, if anyone has anything they wanted to raise but there's not been a chance to do so over the last 2 days, now is your time to ask that question on any aspect of adopting and working with RDA.

Katrina

Security System.

Security System.

Security System.