Sorry to come late to this discussion having just come out of a meeting.

We had intended not to have hybrid records (other than the access points issue which has already been raised), but we started receiving hybrid records from one of our vendors, and when we looked at the ‘PCC Post-Implementation Hybrid Bibliographic Records Guidelines Task Group’ work we decided we’d go with hybrid records as well.

We’ve listed the acceptable RDA features for an AACR2 record in an in-house document, but also specified what would be unacceptable and means a record should be upgraded to RDA.

Helen

From: CIG E-Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jackie Johnson (Library Services)
Sent: 14 January 2014 10:44
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CIG-E-FORUM] Hybrid records

Hello everyone,

We haven't officially adopted RDA yet but are having to deal with downloaded records being in RDA, or partial RDA. We're not expecting cataloguers who haven't yet been trained to completely 'RDA - ise' these, and anything changed or added will be in AACR2 form, but we are leaving in RDA elements 'that do no harm'. We still haven't managed to configure our LMS to cope with RDA elements so we're having to live with this situation for the moment. Not ideal, but hopefully not for much longer…

Jackie

Jackie Johnson
Metadata Team Leader

Library Services