In my last posting I mentioned that determining British Library policy partly involved an analysis of RDA options and alternatives. How have other people been dealing with this issue? For example, RDA no longer contains a rule of three in terms of creating authorized access points; its only mandatory to create a single content and carrier type as part of and RDA record; it isn’t an RDA core requirement to record relationship designators.

In all of these cases, we’ve gone beyond the minimum core requirement where its practically possible to do so. However, cataloguer judgement plays a part in determining what could be regarded ‘onerous’ in terms of record description.

Thurstan